4.8.04

Not to state the obvious, but this blog has remained awfully dormant for the past little while. Apologies. I repeatedly try to find sneaky little ways of updating, but given where I have been sitting for the past while, altering the entire configuration of this workstation so as to prevent my current supervisor from seeing my monitor whenever she leaves her office is rather unfeasible. That, and it would be rather impractical.

She has just begged me to "go have lunch", so here I am. I can assure you that I have had lunch, and have been having lunch at appropriate times for the duration of time that I've been here, but lately I've felt so full afterwards that I somehow always prefer sitting here digesting silently whilst surfing the internet and feeling the fat curdling around my thighs, rather than actually moving. my. legs and taking a walk downstairs. I can be such a lazy little bugger. I am, however, in the midst of reading a newly acquired book on various yoga positions meant to "reduce stress, depression, sports injuries" and various other lovely conditions. For a lazy person, yoga seems like quite a lazy way to actually get some much-needed exercise. Something is telling me that I could be very, very wrong indeed.

Long weekend. The name is deceiving since it is never as long as it should be. It was a fairly quiet one, with me sleeping through most of it (maybe if I didn't do that so often, I would actually have a weekend). My biggest achievement was perhaps seeing Spider-man 2 for the second time, this time with Mum. She hadn't seen it yet, and Dad opted to see I, Robot instead, cleverly avoiding the need to hear me sighing dreamily at big-screen shots of Tobey Maguire who looks adorable and delicious in the film. I seem to be continually attracted to moon-faced men with short brown hair, sleepy blue eyes, and reedy voices. Preppy clothes - distressed denim jeans, slightly wrinkly polo shirts/button-downs with the shirttails out, topped off with a blazer. Ooooh, let's talk more about cute boys!

Shhh. Oh, wait. I hear footsteps around the corner. I reckon it is the end of my lunch hour. But before I go - don't watch Hidalgo. It is spectactularly boring; I couldn't even sit through the whole thing to actually finish it. Viggo Mortensen looks much more fit with stringy long brown hair, swaddled in mucky green capes and romping around in dodgy knee-high boots. In Hidalgo - with all due respect to Mr. Mortensen - he simply looks like a street bum.

(Just my two cents.)