17.8.04

the hunt continues

I always joke about it, but maybe, perhaps maybe, I will be living in a London bus shelter as of next year. A very dreadful thought indeed. Here I am in London, and two properties that I was vaguely interested today were quickly snatched up by some other lucky blokes. The lettings system in London is absolutely absurd, and the flats/studios are taken at an incredible rate. I did see one today that is quite gorgeous although spectacularly out of my price range. The frightening part is that I may have no other choice. I have yet to learn that in London's fast-paced lettings system, I cannot pause and say, "Hm. I'll have to think about it." No. In London, you say, "Baby, I want that flat, and I want it now."

(Except perhaps not with the "Baby" at the beginning. Especially if the lettings agent turns out to be a balding, middle-aged, beer-bellied Englishman with perspiration problems.)