19.5.04

randomness

The people living in the flat a floor below my room are playing bongo drums or similar exotic-sounding instruments. I love that word. Bongo. I don't love the hour at which these bongo drums are being played however.

Saw TF queuing at the bus stop outside my flat - adorable. Lol.

Time to start thinking about the massive final-year Statistical Project, worth 100% of the module (and I thought 80% was bad). Suggestions? I have obtained a list of suggested topics and the topics do look interesting. Courses for next have already been chosen and I'm quite happy with the outcome - Project, Inference, Actuarial Science, Decision and Risk, Forecasting, Computing for Practical Statistics, and Medical Statistics. Yes, I am a nerd, but I am looking forward to next year's subjects.

The trick to writing finals is to study sufficiently enough, that you just stop caring.
Oh, indeed. You see, I discovered this about...oh...a month ago?

At this point, you can merrily turn on the television and watch some playoff hockey!!!
Telly? Hockey? This is Britain, you know. Ice hockey is uncivilised here - only barbarians in remote, far-off lands play ice hockey. (Who's winning?)

Maybe I should've been more clear: what type of flash mp3 player should I get?
Forgive my stupidity but I have no idea what a flash mp3 player is. Can you please be even clearer?

Subtleness is no match for being direct!!!
So long as you think so (!!!).

Tomorrow night I am meeting with a lecturer to discuss continuous-time Markov chains for the exam on Monday (which, by the way, approximately two people managed to pass last year). I wonder if she will accept a generous bribe...