18.5.04

not a good time to be brain dead

Where does time go when one clearly needs more time in which to complete tasks?

Here I am, on the eve of the most nightmarish five days of my life thus far. Some even unluckier souls have examinations on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Monday and Tuesday so perhaps I shouldn't complain (but as you know, I will anyway). I can assure you that if you had exams one after the other like this, and each exam was worth 80-90% of your module, I wouldn't be able to shut you up either.

At this point, it doesn't even matter if I know anything about Cramer-Rao bounds or joint generating functions, CSS style sheets or Apache servers, orthogonalisation or vector spaces, continuous-time Markov chains or matrices of transition rates. My brain is so saturated from revising that what I know, or more accurately, what I don't know doesn't quite matter anymore. Not a good sign of things to come, that's for sure.

Due to several rather unsubtle comments from one of my readers about the alert windows popping up upon accessing this webpage, they (the windows) will be removed for the time being. An advance warning: when the fancy strikes, I will have alert windows again, although perhaps not in such excessive quantities. If they cause issues with your browsers, do let me know. Muse: always working towards a happier cyberspace.

1984 = cinematic masterpiece of our time, followed by Animal Farm (the cartoon!) in second.
I wasn't aware of a cartoon for Animal Farm...

What brand of mp3 player should I buy?
Honey, you are asking the wrong person. I was going to suggest an iPod, but even I don't know if that qualifies as an mp3 player. The iPod Mini would be an intelligent choice, in the silver colour, or better yet the original, if silver is too last-year for you.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4971361/
I don't even know what this article is about, as I have enough to read at the moment. But here is the link for those who are interested, and don't blame me if the content is dodgy...

Edited to add: In case any of you are oh-so-interested, Linear Models was a piece of cake. Almost literally. The man always includes loads of questions related to food - cakes, bread, wheat, cookies, biscuits. Linear Models is almost always a foody exam. If Statistics involves food, then me and Statistics are a perfect match. God bless you, TF, for setting such an enjoyable exam, and I'll forgive you for making my tummy grumble and crave for chocolate chip cookies in the midst of it.