10.1.05

After a terribly shitty weekend, I was pleasantly surprised this morning when the postman rang up with a large packet for me.

About a month ago (being the pedantic creature I am), I had sent an e-mail to the webmaster at the official Depeche Mode website, because I'd noticed a wee spelling error in one of the song lyrics.

I received no response and thought nothing of it, until a few days ago when he e-mailed me and said that he had thrown in that 'typo' a few years ago to see if anyone would actually catch it. Nobody did - until now. He was astounded that it would have taken years, asked me for my mailing address, and informed me that I had won a Depeche Mode prize!

The goodies I received this morning:
  • Dave Gahan Bottle Living/Hold On CD
  • Depeche Mode Dream On Promo CD
  • Dave Gahan Bottle Living Promo CD
  • Depeche Mode Dream On promo sticker
  • Depeche Mode Exciter promo sticker
  • Depeche Mode Exciter Tour promo postcard
  • Dave Gahan Bottle Living Limited Edition Collectors Wallet
  • Depeche Mode Ultra promo poster

Thank you, Daniel Barassi, for making my day.