20.10.04

space dementia

14 website visits, 57 page reloads, two follow-up phone calls, and one cardiac arrest later, I have managed to secure a standing ticket for Muse's gig at Earls Court on 19 December.

This is brilliant, but I'm starting to get a bit nervous. I'm an intimate-club-gig type of girl. I love standing tickets, but I've never been in the pit in a venue with a capacity of nearly 20,000 (no doubt rowdy and drunk) individuals before. If I attempt to get into the front row, I'll probably get stomped on, pushed over the barrier, or have someone's armpit in my face all night. On the other hand, if I stand near the back by the sound equipment, I won't be able to see as well (I hear that this venue sells binoculars), but then again I wouldn't get trampled on by tall, drunk British men. At a height of five feet, this is something to be concerned about, particularly at a Muse gig - Muse don't exactly attract a Coldplay-loving crowd, if you know what I mean.