12.10.04

a few hodge-podgey things to note

1. I realised that I made the error of incorrectly spelling the link for Freefalling, not once, not twice, but three times on three different parts of this website. Apologies. It's of little use advertising our new blog if I'm going to bugger it up every time. (It also doesn't help that the address is so bloody long.) Let's hope I finally get it right.

2. Statistical Inference is bloody difficult. My lecturer may as well fail me now. I can't even do question 1 (a) of our first problem set, and even if I did, I probably made a mess of it.

3. Someone left these messages in my Inbox the other day:

Meat + mushroom perogs.
Two guesses: (a) that this had to do with the 'Eat' section of the blog, and (b) that 'perogs' are short for 'perogies'. I did not know that there was a slang version of perogie.

The best Hollywood cop of all time is actually McLean (i.e. Bruce Willis).
Erm...McLean? Who? Clearly I don't watch enough films.

Why isn't McLean ever mentioned as the greatest Hollywood cop??? I think you should apologize to him in one of your posts. Yeah, I've got nothing against Riggs in Lethal Weapon, but he's NOT the best cop out there. Yippee-ka-yay...mutha****er!
...Right.

4. HL, my stylist at the Charles Worthington salon on Percy Street, is brilliant. I love her. I don't think she's capable of making my hair look anything but gorgeous. I walked away from the salon this afternoon with my hair looking like Dido's (minus the blonde part). Brilliant.

5. I was informed yesterday that the Statistics Society elected me as their Academic Officer. Weren't elections in April? Even if they were, did I run? No. I'm happy, but why can't people tell me these things a little sooner?

6. Have any of you got any clever hypotheses for the strange behaviour of the people living in the flat above mine? One person will come home at 17:35 on average. Half an hour later, the incessant hammering begins, coupled with hoovering, banging, furniture moving across the floor. At 18:27 the other person enters. The hammering etc continues till 21:30, at which point I hear the two of them taking several bags of rubbish outside with them. The door slams. They don't come home again until 17:35 the following evening, and the cycle repeats itself. I appreciate the fact that perhaps they're doing a bit of refitting, but I can't possibly understand how a tiny little flat takes over three weeks to refit...