7.10.04

the old-fashioned way

If there's one thing I always get excited about, it's seeing something in the post - snail mail - with my name on it (minus, of course, anything asking me for money). Such was the case this afternoon - after three weeks of receiving endless move-in welcome letters from British Telecom, Camden Council Tax, TV Licensing etc. (all organisations, I'm convinced, that have nothing better to do than to bother me for money) - I was rather pleased to have received a nice little package from someone unexpected. I love that. The sender chose to keep himself a mystery, although I reckon I could guess who it was. He enclosed a copy of the film that sparked my somewhat worrying affection for a certain blue-collar worker, famous for abusing his pregnant wife and promptly bedding her thereafter (not to mention another related and unmentionable activity involving his wife's sister).

Who cares. He looks bloody amazing in that ripped white t-shirt. Mmm.