10.9.04

london calling

Yesterday was my last day of work - it's unbelievable how quickly the summer has flown by. I'm consoled by the fact that I'll be in London in a matter of hours and still have two and half weeks before my final year starts.

I enjoyed my work term but am glad it's over. Every summer I entertain the idea of not working, and after a particularly disastrous year, this summer seemed the perfect time to sit back and relax. Surprisingly this was also highly encouraged by my parents, but I didn't like the thought of a chronological gap on my CV.

The flat has been in my possession since yesterday, but I will not be moving in until Monday morning. I can't wait to settle down and enjoy London. I ache when I'm not there - it's as if a part of me is missing. Since I've been back in Toronto, I've been restless and ill at ease. I reckon I don't do well when I'm not living in a city that makes me truly happy - I only wish my family and friends could be with me there, but such is life.

On that note, I ought to get back to packing. I'm not sure when I'll be able to update this site as I don't have broadband in my flat yet (bloody BT) but it should be within a week or so - keep checking back. Take care - I'll miss you loads. Catch you on the flip side. xx