15.9.04

back again

How lovely it is to feel settled in and at ease in a city I love again.

For the past few days I've been secretly surfing the internet on someone else's wireless broadband connection, as I haven't been able to set up my own connection yet (stupid BT), and I'm also feeling a wee bit cheap these days. After arriving at Heathrow on Sunday and witnessing a somewhat rattling argument in the Customs & Immigration area (which ended with one of the perpetrators of the row walking past us, arms locked behind his back by security officials, blood running down his face and arms), we have been spending our days unpacking, decorating, and getting things sorted. Thankfully, it has been a very productive three days.

The remainder of the week will be spent in a more relaxed state, hopefully. Tomorrow we are off on a mini-break in the English countryside, including a visit to Oxford, Stratford, and the Cotswolds. Friday I'm planning to hoard some groceries from Sainsbury's. Saturday I'll be visiting 30 St Mary Axe (a.k.a. 'The Gherkin'), if all goes as planned. I can't wait.

God. I love this place.