4.5.04

a few more things

All I can say about today's Business in a Competitive Environment exam is that frankly, my dear, I do not care about foreign direct investment by multinational companies and their effects on home and host countries. *Sigh*

Do you have a musical guilty pleasure? Something/someone you listen to that would be (somewhat) embarassing to admit to liking?
If you know me well, then you'll know that I have a massive aversion towards pop music. Which is surprising, considering that I've been to a few boy band gigs myself when I was a wee little girl (I'm not naming which band. Too shameful). These days, if I'm not listening to what I normally listen to - rock, indie, electronica - you may catch me secretly singing (loudly) along to either Robbie Williams or Kylie Minogue, the King and Queen of Camp.

Why does it always rain on me?
I'm not sure, but I'm also not sure why it always seems to happen to me as well. I reckon being a Londoner has something to do with it - I ask that of myself almost daily. Today, I was also asking, 'Why does it always hail on me?' Buggered-up island weather. I never realised how frightening it actually is, being outside in a massive hail storm with only a wee little brolly. The sky was white! Bloody hell. Never again.

Is it because I lied when I was seventeen?
I don't know - is it? Possibly. I don't know about you, but I lied when I was seventeen. To myself. It involved a boy (as these things usually do). But it didn't make it rain.

Doesn't anybody ever know that the world's a subway, a subway?
...And doesn't anybody ever know that Superman's dead?

Did you cross lines you shouldn't have crossed?
I always cross lines that I shouldn't. It gets me into trouble. But I still do it. Why? Because observing how an individual reacts to this reveals a great deal about the strength of a person's character.