6.6.06

a bit of good news, part (i)

Last night I was given a job offer for a position that I was referred to, and not formally interviewed for. The conversation went something like 'We like you, we don't need to interview you further, we're going to create a job description and offer for you'.

Erm...WOW...gee...thanks!

I'm thrilled, but still in a bit of a shock as I was not expecting the call, never mind for the call to have gone like that. Will I accept the offer? I'm not sure yet, as it depends very much on the job description amongst other things. I've never liked the thought of having only one offer to choose from, so I will be spending the next while hopefully accumulating some more (I currently have two). I am waiting for the results of the video conference interview held last week (also for a company in Bermuda) as well as getting the ball rolling with a (Bermudian) company who would like me to attend an interview with them in Dublin, possibly before I go to Spain late next week. This is all (tentatively) due to take place before next Thursday, and no I haven't forgotten that I have exams on Monday and Tuesday. I could be wrong, but I think that I might have a busy week next week.

I know that I should sound happier, and perhaps this is due to the eternal pessimist in me, but until I sign an offer letter I'll still feel like I'm standing blind at the edge of a cliff. But that's the way life goes, right?