26.7.05

*I never realised just how strongly scent is linked with memory. A couple of mornings ago I used a perfume that I hadn't touched in over a month, and so many memories - not to mention emotions - came flooding back to me: London in the springtime, the beginnings of a new relationship, languid mornings, homemade meals, everything about my boyfriend that I miss so, so much.

*It scares me somewhat when I witness a change in someone and it is unclear whether this change is for the better or the worse. I begin to wonder whether I'm seeing them differently than everyone else is.

*I have determined that two months of not having cracked open a textbook has rendered me absolutely incapable of doing so ever again.

*Every morning I have been waking up feeling filled with such dread at turning on my laptop, logging into my homepage, and discovering that another bombing has occurred in the city that I love. Strangely these horrible occurrences that now seem de rigueur have made me love and miss London even more than I already am.

*The other night I fell asleep holding a framed photograph of my boyfriend. I stared at his smiling face, at each minute pixel of that image, dreaming that the pixels would merge, take shape, forming someone tangible that I could touch and hold, and I missed him so much that I ached. And then the photograph became just a photograph again, and so the dream was shattered.

*Bermuda. Tomorrow. Some things, I think, are well worth waiting for.

See you all in a week.