21.4.05

catching up

Dear all

Life has been an odd combination of total unmotivation as well as rare bouts of workaholicism as of late. Nights have been spent lazing about in bed; mornings have often consisted of late lie-ins; days have been consumed by procrastination.

My thesis has finally been completed. As I am writing this, I am sat in the cluster room with my baby - nine months of work - on the desk beside me, looking beautiful in all its A4, 65-pages worth of printed glory. The final presentation is on Monday, which I have not yet resumed rehearsing for. I have a Decision and Risk exam - the first of many exams - next Friday. I cannot say that I feel prepared for it yet, although I've gone through the material once. Whether I am truly ready for it remains to be seen.

Tonight my boyfriend is taking me to see Phantom of the Opera, preluded by a pre-theatre dinner at an Argentinian restaurant in Piccadilly. I am very much looking forward to it (not to mention very much looking forward to seeing him in his suit). I have so far selected a pair of shoes for the occasion, as well as a pencil skirt which I am sincerely hoping I can still squeeze my hips into, however I have not yet decided on a top. Decisions, decisions.

We went on a book-buying (not the academic sort) spree of sorts yesterday, including multiple purchases of Dan Brown's material as well as a travel book for the summer and a couple of other novels. (Thank the Lord for Waterstones' 3-for-2 sales.) The Economist has been occupying the top of our magazine pile as I have lately been refusing to read anything else. We had a few listens to Coldplay's new single, Speed of Sound, which I thoroughly enjoyed. This surprised me as I never, ever enjoy Coldplay singles when I first hear them. I also discovered an energy candy the other day, which I suspect I will soon become unhealthily addicted to. It first tastes dry, almost chalk-like, in your mouth, but once it starts melting, it turns creamy. If you bite softly on it, it begins to fizz.

Life is beautiful. Until next time - eat well, sleep late, and kiss those whom you love.

Missing you all

Happiest Girl x