30.1.05

I had a lovely weekend. It began on Friday night when Z, D, and I went for dinner, ice cream, and a showing of Meet the Fockers, which had us in stitches ('he's been Fockerised!' Quality). As it was a late show we were too knackered to go for drinks so we accompanied Z to the tube station. D and I then spent the rest of the night wandering round Soho, slipping into dark alleyways and scoping out possible bars to visit on my birthday party in two weeks' time.

Saturday was, for the most part, a domestic sort of day - I hadn't cleaned in two weeks and gave the flat a good scrubbing until the floors shone and everything smelled pretty. Around dinnertime D and I took the tube to Leicester Square, joining F in his office which overlooks the cinemas and main square. There we had a very productive Forecasting revision session, stopping only to have dinner at 23:15 at a Japanese restaurant a stone's throw away in Soho. It was delicious. We slipped back into the office and worked there till 2 a.m. D and I barely exchanged any words on the walk home - the hordes of partygoers we had to wade through were enough to silence us, and we were dead tired. I finally got to bed at 4.

I had a lovely, long lie in this morning, getting up at noon. I saw D again today, this time to work on Actuarial Science. I think I've had enough of work and yet I feel like I haven't done nearly enough. Well, back to it I guess - no rest for the wicked indeed.