25.1.05

high rotation

On constant repeat on my iPod:

I have never liked Bjork. But her debut album - creatively titled Debut - phenomenal.

A song like Hidden Houses can only be sung by someone like Dave Gahan. Quite simply one of the most hauntingly beautiful melodies I've heard in a while.

I can count the number of North American artists I listen to on one hand, and Interpol are one of them. The lead singer spent most of his life in London though - figures. A must hear: Evil.

My favourite album right now? Kasabian's self-titled debut. Tense and aggressive - great songs for punching people to. (Oh, and head-nodding moodily to at indie clubs.)

If punching people isn't really your thing, then Massive Attack's sexy Risingson would form the perfect backdrop to many other unmentionable activities.

If you've not heard of Mylo and his brilliant album Destroy Rock'n'Roll, you will soon. 2005 is going to be a big year for this talented Scottish DJ, methinks.

The track I'm still listening to? New Order's Thieves Like Us. Quality.

...And why on earth did I not discover the Stone Roses' debut album earlier?!

Life would not be complete without some heartfelt alt/indie guitar rock - hence The Invitation by Thirteen Senses. Gorgeous, and it recently moved me to tears.

Beaucoup Fish by Underworld gets the award for the album with the most non-sensical lyrics - not that this matters on an album this brilliant, of course.

What have you been listening to?