11.12.04

I am well aware that the posts I write following a giddy night out are usually incoherent/rambling/boring (delete as appropriate). And yet I never learn my lesson and continue doing it anyway. So if you please, bear with me.

Last week was a mess. I apologise to all who are awaiting replies to their e-mails - I haven't forgotten, and I still love you. My week of assessments began a week ago. Inference's take-away examination was confusing and difficult, and called for numerous hastily-arranged meet ups with Z, F, and the lot. Luckily being the only female in an all-male group of friends means that the sessions are bound to be entertaining, and that did keep me sane whilst muddling through pages of brain-numbing mathematics. As for the Medical Stats assessments - of which there were two - they were a pain in the arse. Moving on.

Shopping can also be a pain in the arse, especially round Christmastime. I love shopping, and I love Christmas, but I do not enjoy Christmas shopping. Having to wade through hoardes of people on Oxford Street on a regular day is bad enough, and having to do it whilst talking on your mobile, carrying a dozen bags, and holding a brolly is a total nightmare. Not only that - one has to also manage to keep their hair in place whilst doing so. (I don't know about you, but I only have two hands.)

A and I went to see a late show of The Incredibles tonight. It was brilliant, imaginative, creative, clever, and...well...incredible. (Words seem to escape me at 2 a.m. in the morning.) If you haven't seen it, do go. You won't be disappointed. I haven't laughed so hard in a film in ages.

In a recent discussion about relationships, a (platonic) friend asked me whether I could start another relationship at this point in my life. If he had asked me at this time last year, the answer would have been no. If he had asked me in the summer, the answer would have been perhaps. And now - well, the lovely thing about now is that I'd be equally happy continuing being single, or starting a relationship. Admittedly, being single during the holiday season is vile. Especially this season, when all of my friends are going away/going home for the holidays, leaving me alone here for New Years (!). (J and SQ - would you mind booking a flight to London ASAP? Pretty please?) If worse comes to worse, I will put on a facial mask, curl up in bed, and watch DVDs. Either that, or I'll head over to the Apple Store on Regent Street. The blokes in that shop seem very friendly. So friendly in fact, that each of the three times I've been there, three different salespeople have tried inviting me out for drinks. How do you back out of something like that if you're not interested? You might try saying, 'Erm, I'd rather have one of those iPod remote controls, actually...' and scurrying out of the shop. Fast.