30.11.04

meeting my match

...in shopping, that is.

It isn't everyday that you go shopping with a man, and end up carrying his bags. Which is precisely what I did at the weekend. White Teeth D - as he is known on this website - and I had an extremely productive shopping marathon on Saturday. Or rather - he did.

White Teeth D's purchases:
*A pair of Kurt Geiger dress shoes
*An Armani dress shirt
*A Hugo Boss fall/winter coat
*A Hugo Boss jumper
*Three iPod remote controls
*A pair of jeans from French Connection
The damage done: approximately £1,000.00

My purchases:
*A Depeche Mode singles box
*A pair of Diesel jeans
The damage done: erm...negligible in comparison

I half-joked that he ought to live on bread and water for the next year or so. All I can say is, D is extremely efficient, having accomplished this in a matter of an afternoon. (Whoever said that money doesn't buy happiness obviously did not have any money.) As much as I'd love to spend £1,000 in an equivalent period of time, I don't even have £1,000 in my account. Lol. Perhaps I shouldn't feel so guilty about last week's £50 splurge on CDs...