4.11.04

I finally got around to watching Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban last week, and was quite impressed. Light years ahead of the first two films, gorgeously shot, and thankfully darker in tone (the first two were starting to get a bit fluffy). Harry is growing up nicely, seems to be at least a foot taller, and finally has some teen angst. Lovely. It was a welcome surprise to see so much of the film shot outdoors, whilst the students were out of uniform. The bridge was a wonderful touch, and very symbolic indeed. Far better work - and much creepier - than Chris Columbus's standard kid fare.

Apple also decided to unveil their latest iPod models recently (how dare they, when I've only recently bought mine). The sexy red and black U2 Special Edition iPod is particularly lovely (although, with all due respect to U2, I'm glad it was a U2 Special Edition and not a Depeche Mode model...) As for the iPod Photo, I reckon Apple are attempting to make the crossover between digital music and digital imaging - it'll be interesting to see how popular the Photo models are. Although they have colour screens (a novelty, really), they are larger in size and cost even more than the original models do. 60GB also seems rather excessive, although I can understand that a larger capacity is required for storing images. I'm having enough trouble filling up my 40GB as it is, but don't encourage me.

PS: Whether or not you love them as much as I do, reviews of the entire DM discography are in the works. Watch this space.